- Email NHTSA
- Hearing Impaired (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Headquarters
- 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
- West Building
- Washington, DC 20590
NHTSA was established by the Highway Safety Act of 1970 and is dedicated to achieving the highest standards of excellence in motor vehicle and highway safety. It works daily to help prevent crashes and their attendant costs, both human and financial.
All About NHTSA: Offices, Mission, Budgets, Policies
- NHTSA Organizational Chart
- NHTSA Budget Information
- NHTSA's Electronic Reading Room (ERR)
- NHTSA Core Values and Commitment to Serving Customers Values that underpin the assurance of safe, secure, efficient vehicular travel.
- Who We Are and What We Do
- "This is NHTSA" Brochure
- NHTSA Image Collection Contains a variety of graphics, photographs and logos for downloading and use in highway safety programs
- NHTSA Traffic Safety Material Ordering System
- Statement of Ownership and Restriction of Liability
- Policy Regarding Visitors to NHTSA
- DOT's "No Fear Act" Statistics The No Fear Act requires Federal agencies be more accountable for violations of anti-discrimination and whistle-blower protection laws.
- NHTSA's 10 Regional Offices Each Regional office provides numerous services to its States, as well as other public and private sector customers. These services include, but are not limited to, technical assistance, administering the agency's grant fund programs, assisting in coalition building, and delivering training.
August 25, 2015Back to School Safety Advisory: NHTSA Encourages Everyone to Be Responsible for Getting Children To and From School Safely
August 21, 2015NHTSA kicks off annual "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" national law enforcement crackdown against drunk driving
July 31, 2015NHTSA and Safe Kids Worldwide encourage parents and caregivers to take proactive steps in preventing child heatstroke in hot vehicles