- Email NHTSA
- Hearing Impaired (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Headquarters
- 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
- West Building
- Washington, DC 20590
NHTSA was established by the Highway Safety Act of 1970 and is dedicated to achieving the highest standards of excellence in motor vehicle and highway safety. It works daily to help prevent crashes and their attendant costs, both human and financial.
All About NHTSA: Offices, Mission, Budgets, Policies
- NHTSA Organizational Chart
- NHTSA Budget Information
- 2014 Safety Events Calendar
- NHTSA Core Values and Commitment to Serving Customers Values that underpin the assurance of safe, secure, efficient vehicular travel.
- Who We Are and What We Do
- "This is NHTSA" Brochure
- NHTSA Image Collection Contains a variety of graphics, photographs and logos for downloading and use in highway safety programs
- NHTSA Traffic Safety Material Ordering System
- Statement of Ownership and Restriction of Liability
- Policy Regarding Visitors to NHTSA
- Motor Vehicle and Traffic Safety Program Services to National Organizations
- DOT's "No Fear Act" Statistics The No Fear Act requires Federal agencies be more accountable for violations of anti-discrimination and whistle-blower protection laws.
- NHTSA's 10 Regional Offices Each Regional office provides numerous services to its States, as well as other public and private sector customers. These services include, but are not limited to, technical assistance, administering the agency's grant fund programs, assisting in coalition building, and delivering training.
- NHTSA Regions Multicultural Page
- NHTSA Acronyms
July 25, 2014NHTSA's Tips for Safer Summer Bicycling
July 24, 2014U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx Joins Advocates Urging Parents, Public to Ask: "Where’s Baby? Look Before You Lock."
July 03, 2014Consumer Advisory: NHTSA Reminds Motorists Not to Drink and Drive this Fourth of July Holiday