NHTSA Test Reference Guides
In support of the Entree data entry application and NHTSA's crash test databases, a set of test reference guides have been developed which explain the data set format used by Entree, electronic media guidelines, engineering conventions, and coding standards. These guides form the foundation upon which the Entree application has been developed, and provide a common reference source for documenting NHTSA's crash test data exchange standards.
A recent version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and use these guides effectively.
Version 5 Test Reference Guides
- Volume I : Vehicle Tests [ 07/12/06, 844 KB ]
- Volume II : Biomechanical Tests (Revision) [ 07/12/06, 1210 KB ]
- Volume III : Component Tests [ 07/12/06, 596 KB ]
- Volume IV : Signal Waveform Generator Tests
- Sample Submission as a Zip archive
Version 4 Test Reference Guides
- Volume I : Vehicle Tests [ 09/25/97 17:10:38, 903 KB ]
- Volume II : Biomechanical Tests [ 06/09/99 19:08:58, 743 KB ]
- Volume III : Component Tests [ 06/09/97 12:48:40, 428 KB ]
- Volume IV : Signal Waveform Generator Tests [ 09/25/97 17:00:00, 223 KB ]
Readers of the NHTSA Test Reference Guides may also wish to visit the Entree for Windows page for information about software which may be used to assist in the generation of data sets which adhere to the guide standards.