Cinco de Mayo has become a big night out for many, particularly among young adults. But it is also a very dangerous night out because of alcohol-impaired drivers. Those celebrating should be sure to designate their sober driver in advance - before the festivities begin.
This site is designed to provide you with information and resources to fight drunk driving in your community.
Cinco de Mayo Drunk Driving Prevention [May 5, 2013]
- Alcohol impairment among drivers involved in fatal crashes is about four times higher at night than during the day.
- More than 30% of drivers involved in fatal crashes on weekends are alcohol-impaired.
- 43% of 2009 motorcycle riders who died in crashes had a BAC of .08 or above.
For campaign materials, go to TSM:
- Products for Enforcement Action Kit (PEAK)
- Earned Media Materials
- Posters and Creative Materials
- Twitter Tips ... and more
For studies and reports, click HERE.