Tire Safety Information
This page is about tires. It is a compilation of information available elsewhere
on NHTSA's web site.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Mineta Announces Launch Of Major Nationwide Campaign to Promote Tire Safety
- Press release
Tire Safety: Everything Rides On It
- Protection against avoidable breakdowns and crashes. Improved vehicle handling. Better fuel economy. Increased tire life. Just a few of the reasons to take five minutes every month to check your tires. Simply use this handy brochure or flyer for a checklist.
Uniform Tire Quality Grading
- Information about tire grading.
Search NHTSA's databases for tire information
Look up Recalls about tires
- Search NHTSA's Recalls database.
Look up Technical Service Bulletins about tires
- Search NHTSA's Technical Service Bulletins database.
Look up Consumer Complaints about tires
- Search NHTSA's Consumer Complaints database.
Information about the DOT code on your tires
- In order to make sense of some of the information about tires you need to know the DOT code on them. This information is critical to filing an effective complaint about tires.
USDOT Announces Final Rule On Tire Labeling
- A new regulation to help consumers maintain vehicle tires more safely was announced by NHTSA. The rule requires that manufacturers provide additional consumer information and more accessible tire labeling to increase consumer awareness of recalls.
- If you are filing a complaint about a tire please make sure to use the DOT codes mentioned above.
Information about Rule Changes relating to Tires
- Documents on NHTSA's Notices & Final Rules page
General Info |
Site Map |
Send Email to NHTSA