Banner--Importation and Certification FAQ's Directory

Part 1 Group 1 All Vehicles

Importation and Certification FAQ’s

Group 6: Motor vehicle exportation

1. As a U.S. manufacturer, what do I have to do export motor vehicles to Canada?

Transport Canada may require evidence that a U.S. motor vehicle manufacturer has complied with U.S. regulations before permission is granted to import the vehicle into Canada. To assist these manufacturer’s, NHTSA will verify receipt of the manufacturer’s submission of information, as required by 49 CFR Parts 565 and 566. We will also review a manufacturer’s certification label to verify compliance with the requirements of 49 CFR Parts 567 and 568.

Part 2 Group 2 Motorcycles and Scooters
Part 3 Group 3 Trailers and Heavy Trucks
Part 4 Group 4 Equipment
Part 5 Group 5 Import Eligibility Petitions
Part 7 Group 7 Motor Vehicle Exportation
Part 7 Group 7 Related Government Agencies
Part 8 Abbreviations Defined
Part 9 Appendix
Back to Top Next Back to Index Page Back to NHTSA Home Page