AIR BUY DETAILS
PHOTO OF PRESS EVENT
LETTERS-TO-THE-EDITOR JANUARY 2006
TELEVISION STATIONS THAT CARRIED THE STORY
Television news coverage of the project has been extensive. There are seven commercial television stations in the project areas; they carried all carried the story, some of them numerous times.
KVOS T.V. – three stories (all aired twice)
KING T.V. -- the story aired on three separate dates, a total of five times.
Northwest Cable News – one story aired twice.
KONG T.V. – one story aired two times.
KOMO T.V. -- Two stories aired a total of five times.
KIRO T.V. -- One story aired twice.
KCPQ – one story aired once.
KATU T.V. – one story aired two times.
The radio news coverage was most extensive and included:
- 16 radio stations (10 of them in Seattle) aired news stories about the project.
- Extra coverage included live, on-air interviews (KMPS, KXXO, KMTT and KGMI).
- Extra coverage also included a 30-minute long public affairs program that aired on four Seattle stations (KWJZ, KKNW, KLSY, and KRWM).
- The most extensive reach of any one radio interview was an interview of Lowell Porter, WTSC Director, on satellite radio (XM radio) reaching 5 million subscribers, many of them truckers.
- Radio stations carrying the story include:
- In Seattle: KIRO, KOMO, KMTT, KPLZ, KMPS, KIXI, KWJZ, KKNW, KLSY, and KRWM.
- In Olympia: KGY and KXXO (both carried the story on two separate occasions).
- In Skagit and Whatcom counties: KABS, KRBC, and KGMI radio
POSTERS, BANNERS, AND FLYERS
- Whatcom County Traffic Safety Task Force Meeting (speaker: Jonna VanDyk)
- Thurston County DUI Task Force Meeting (speaker: Jonna VanDyk)
- Statewide Community Traffic Safety Task Force Coordinators (speaker: Jonna VanDyk)
- Washington State Patrol statewide meeting of public information officers (speaker: Jonna VanDyk)
- Whatcom County Sheriff and Police Chiefs meeting (speaker: Jerry Amato)
- Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs Conference (speaker: Penny Nerup)
- Washington Trucking Associations annual conference (speaker: Jonna VanDyk)
- The Oregon Child Passenger Safety Teams Conference (speaker: Rosemary Nye)
- The Conference of Western Regional Administrators OFMCS (speaker: Jerry Amato)
- The Washington Department of Transportation statewide safety conference (speaker: Rosemary Nye)
- The Federal Highway Administration National Conference (speaker: Don Peterson)
- Washington Governor Christine Gregoire’s GMAP meeting of executive cabinet directors (speaker: Steve Lind)
- The Governor’s Conference on Safety and Health (speaker: Trooper Rod Sharpe)