This Department of Licensing office is assisting the Washington Traffic Safety Commission in a study about highway safety in Washington. Your answers to the following questions are voluntary and anonymous. Please complete the survey and then put it in the drop box or hand it back to the agent
1. Your sex: Male Female 2. Your Zip Code: _______________________
3. Your age: Under 21 21-25 26-39 40-49 50-59 60 Plus
4. Your race: White Black Asian Native American Other
5. Are you of Spanish/Hispanic origin? Yes No
6. About how many miles did you drive last year?
Less than 5,000 5,000 to 10,000 10,001 to 15,000 More than 15,000
7. What type of vehicle do you drive most often?
Passenger car Pickup truck Semi truck Sport utility vehicle Mini-van
8. How often do you use seat belts when you drive or ride in a car, van, sport utility vehicle or pick up?
Always Nearly always Sometimes Seldom Never
9. Have you ever driven a truck?
Never A few times total Used to drive a truck regularly Drive trucks now
10. In the past two months, have you changed your driving behavior around trucks?
11. How strictly do you think the Washington State Patrol enforces unsafe driving acts around trucks?
Very strictly Somewhat strictly Not very strictly Rarely Not at all
12. Have you ever been stopped by the police for tailgating or cutting off a semi truck?
Yes, I got a ticket Yes, I got a warning No
For Questions 13 and 14, please answer in either feet or car lengths but not both
13. When I pass a car on an interstate highway, I leave ________feet or _____ car lengths before I pull back in.
14. When I pass a semi truck on an interstate highway, I leave ________feet or _____ car lengths before I pull back in.
15. Have you recently read, seen or heard anything about giving semi trucks more space when you pass them?
16. Do you know the name of any programs related to safety around semi trucks in Washington? (check all that apply):