In summary, there are many actions that community groups can undertake to support law enforcement, especially during enhanced enforcement efforts. Here are some tips to bear in mind as you work to support law enforcement:
- Make requests as personal as possible.
- Focus on law enforcement leaders.
- Use recognition and grassroots support to encourage law enforcement participation.
- Use your current champions to help recruit new officials.
- Help with roll call briefings, then participate in the enforcement.
- Participate in the enforcement in as many ways as possible.
- Help with publicity.
- Help with public service announcements and paid media.
- Recognition can be large or small.
- Recognize both units and individual officers for hard work.
- Recognize officers in the media.
- Work with more than just law enforcement.
- Think multi-lingual.