There are many ways to advertise your parties, no matter the size.
- You can start by collecting an e-mail list. E-mail is a fast, easy way to keep everyone informed and updated regularly.
- Stress to your principal that the administration's support is key to making this substance-free event a success. Ask the principal if various students can make announcements about the parties and events over the public address system.
- Pass out fliers about upcoming activities at other student, athletic and social events.
- Check with the principal to see if prizes can be displayed in a school showcase.
- Get a reporter from the school paper to cover the planning as well as the actual party. Use your newspapers to get the message out that you can have fun without using drugs or alcohol.
- Ask a local printer who does business with your school to donate or give you a discount on promotional items, such as pins, hats, key chains or other items to promote a particular event.