Total time for this module: 1 hour
The school bus driver must recognize that control of the bus is critical. The school bus driver has two responsibilities: driving safely and not being distracted. If the driver is distracted by and/or loses control of the students, it is a safety problem.
At the completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of keeping control of student behavior on the bus
- State the standards for behavior in his/her school district
- Describe the situations that put school bus drivers most at risk
- Describe ways to maintain acceptable student behavior on the bus.
- Reasonable Standards for Behavior
- Situations That Create Risk
- How to Maintain Control
Overhead projector and screen
Flipchart and markers
- Managing the Students on My Bus Worksheet, Handout #1
- Tips and Techniques for Managing Your Students, Handout #2
- Local policies and procedures