- Sara always rides her bicycle with her helmet on. She knows that a bike helmet will keep her head and brain safe if she falls.
- Sara always sits down when she rides her bike. She rides in the same direction as traffic.
- She knows that young children should not ride at night.
What else does Sara know?
- She should always put her helmet on before she starts riding her bicycle.
- She knows the helmet should be low on her forehead and two finger widths above her eyebrows. The two sidestraps on both sides of the helmet should make a “V” shape under each ear.
- Sara knows her bicycle fits her because she can put both feet flat on the ground when she sits on the bike seat.
- Sara only rides her bike during the day. She wears brightly colored clothing so drivers can see her.