Aggressive Driving Enforcement
Home | Contents
Write for Grants

With any enforcement campaign, there is always the need to fund the purchase of special equipment, overtime shifts or special saturation patrols. Law enforcement agencies should become familiar with funding sources such as grants, demonstration projects and the funding of neighborhood safety programs.

Each state has a Governor’s Highway Safety Office that oversees safety programs and distributes federal grant money, under the NHTSA Section 402 program. Private companies such as insurance companies, safety-based industries, employee organizations, and others, sometimes give funding to support special programs and projects of this kind.

There are other sources of funding. Consider approaching the Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) grantees. Aggressive driving and other traffic issues are considered a community problem in many communities.