Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Light Vehicle Manufacturers
Where's my VIN?
What this VIN search tool covers
- Vehicle safety recalls that are incomplete
- Vehicle safety recalls conducted over the past 15 calendar years
- Vehicle safety recalls conducted by major light auto automakers, including motorcycle manufacturers.
What this VIN search tool does not cover
- Completed safety recall information
- Manufacturer customer service or other nonsafety recall campaign
- International vehicles
- Very recently announced safety recalls for which not all VINs have been identified
- Safety recalls that are more than 15 years old (except where a manufacturer offers more coverage)
The Steps From Complaint To Recall
What happens to my complaint?
From your complaints
to recall campaigns
Reporting your problem is the important first step.
Have a safety problem?
NHTSA conducts an investigation from reported complaints.
D. RECALL MANAGEMENT
Initiated safety recalls require a manufacturer's action to announce and remedy the defects.
Takata Recalls Spotlight
The latest updates on Takata recalls