Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Light Vehicle Manufacturers
Where's my VIN?
What this VIN search tool covers
- Vehicle safety recalls that are incomplete
- Vehicle safety recalls conducted over the past 15 calendar years
- Vehicle safety recalls conducted by major light auto automakers, including motorcycle manufacturers.
What this VIN search tool does not cover
- Completed safety recall information
- Manufacturer customer service or other nonsafety recall campaign
- International vehicles
- Very recently announced safety recalls for which not all VINs have been identified
- Safety recalls that are more than 15 years old (except where a manufacturer offers more coverage)
Check your car seat safety
Also search safety issues by NHTSA ID or complaints by keyword.Go to Car Seats
Check your tires safety
Also search safety issues by NHTSA ID or complaints by keyword.Go to Tires
Check your equipment safety
Also search safety issues by NHTSA ID or complaints by keyword.Go to Equipment
Takata Recalls Spotlight
The latest updates on Takata recalls
From your complaints
to recall campaigns
Reporting your problem is the important first step.
Have a safety problem?
NHTSA conducts an investigation from reported complaints.
D. RECALL MANAGEMENT