Recalls Information Delivered to You
Free SaferCar Mobile App for Android and Apple devicesRegister your vehicles to be notified by NHTSA if a safety issue is discovered. The app also makes it simple to submit complaints to NHTSA regarding possible safety problems with your vehicles. Download Android version from google Play store | Download Apple version from the iTunes store
Recalls Info on Facebook and TwitterFollow NHTSA on Facebook and Twitter to find out about the latest recalls announced by vehicle manufacturers and child car seat makers.
Sign Up to Receive E-Mail Alerts on RecallsYou can sign up to get notifications for up to 5 vehicles, as well as child car seats and tires.
Recalls & Defects
Has a recalled vehicle been repaired? Find out using our VIN search
Car owners and buyers may not always know the vehicle they own or are purchasing still needs to be repaired because of a recall action. NHTSA's new search tool lets you:
- Enter a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to quickly learn if a specific vehicle has not been repaired as part of a safety recall in the last 15 years
- Directly access the recalls databases of major vehicle and motorcycle manufacturers
- Get the relevant recall information so you can contact the manufacturer or dealer about the repair if it was part of a safety recall
Latest Recalls Announced by Manufacturers
- November 19: 442,000 Volkswagen vehicles from 2011-2013, including Jetta and Beetle models, Recalled for the trailing arm which may have reduced durability, causing a loss of vehicle control.
- November 18: 28,037 Range Rover vehicles from 2013-2014, Recalled for the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) which may fail to locate the sensor, increasing the risk of tire failure.
- November 18: 5,805 MINI Cooper Hardtop vehicles from 2014, Recalled for the spare wheel which may separate from the vehicle while driving.
- November 18: 491 Tiffin Motorhomes from 2013-2015, Recalled for incorrect labels regarding gross axle weight, which could result in the motorhome being overloaded and may cause tire failure.
- November 18: 38 Entegra Coach motorhomes from 2015, Recalled for potential engine stalling.
- November 14: 393 Volkswagen Jetta and Passat vehicles from 2015, Recalled for potential unexpected movement of the driver’s seatback due to a bracket which may not engage correctly.
- November 14: 230 Campagna motorcycles from 2007-2013, Recalled for the engine oil pan which may hit the road or an object in the road.
- November 13: 561 Newmar motorhomes from 2007-2012, including Dutch Star and Mountain Aire models, Recalled for a circuit breaker that may be incorrect for the amperage need, increasing the risk of a fire.
- November 12: 1,509 Mercedes-Benz C300 and C400 4Matic vehicles from 2015, Recalled for the sliding shaft which may disengage from the steering column, resulting in a loss of steering control.
- November 12: 122 Polaris motorcycles from 2015, including High-Ball and Vegas Eightball models, Recalled for the transmission shift drum detent roller spring which may have been incorrectly installed.
- November 10: 52,738 Nissan vehicles from 2003-2006, Recalled for the air bag inflator which may rupture upon deployment of the air bags.
- November 10: Honda vehicles from 2002-2006, Recalled for the air bag inflator which may rupture upon deployment of the air bags.
- November 5: 101,938 Audi vehicles from 2013-2015, including Allroad and A3 models, Recalled for the front air bags which may not deploy in the event of a secondary impact.
- November 5: 6,562 Infiniti vehicles from 2013-2015, including Q70 and M35 hybrid models, Recalled for a potential software error which may cause unexpected acceleration.
- November 5: 135 Pierce emergency vehicles from 2009-2013, including Quantum and Velocity models, Recalled for front lower control arms that may crack and fracture.
- November 4: 5,412 Infiniti hybrid vehicles from 2014, including Q50 and Q70 models, Recalled for a software error which may cause the electric motor to stop working.
- November 4: 817 Infiniti hybrid vehicles from 2014, including Q50 and Q70 models, Recalled for potentially damaged transmission housings which could crack and disable the vehicle.
- October 31: 20,000 Toyota vehicles from 2014-2015, including Toyota Sienna and Lexus RX350 models, Recalled for a potential fuel leak, increasing the risk of a fire.
- October 31: 1,848 Infiniti QX56 and QX80 vehicles from 2013-2014, Recalled for the air bag inflator which may have been manufactured with an incorrect part, causing the inflator to rupture.
- October 30: 23,053 Chrysler Ram ProMaster vehicles from 2014, Recalled for the Tire Pressure Monitoring System which may not notify drivers of low tire pressure.
- October 29: 314,704 Chrysler vehicles from 2010-2014, including Ram 2500 and 5500 models, Recalled for the electrical connectors of the diesel fuel heater which may overheat, causing a leak in the fuel heater.
- October 29: 132,223 Chrysler vehicles from 2014, including Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee models, Recalled for an issue with software that may disable the Electronic Stability Control.
- October 28: 126,772 Chrysler vehicles from 2014, including Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee models, Recalled for a fault in the Occupant Restraint Control that may disable the front airbags, seat belt pretensioners, and side airbags.
- October 28: 37,145 Mitsubishi Outlander vehicles from 2007-2009, Recalled for the brake light switch which may malfunction, causing the brake lights to not illuminate.
- October 24: 202,346 Evenflo Embrace 35 child restraints, Recalled for the harness buckle which may be difficult to unlatch.
- October 24: 783 Chevrolet Corvette vehicles from 2015, Recalled for the parking brake which may only be operating on one rear parking brake drums, causing the vehicle to potentially roll away.
- October 24: 89 Chevrolet Corvette vehicles from 2015, Recalled for the driver air bag which could separate from the steering wheel upon deployment.
- October 24: 87 RevZilla size large motorcycle helmets, including Roadster PG and Window PG models, Recalled for not being adequately labeled with the correct size information.
- October 24: 29 Halcore Horton ambulances from 2014, Recalled for the suspension fluid tank which may separate from the chassis.
- October 20: 434,581 Chrysler vehicles from 2011-2014, including Dodge Charger and Durango models, Recalled for the alternator which may fail, causing the engine to stall.
- October 20: 313,236 Jeep Wrangler vehicles from 2011-2013, Recalled for a potential electrical short in the heated power mirrors, increasing the risk of a fire.
- October 20: 97,540 GM vehicles from 2013-2014, including Chevrolet Impala and Buick Enclave models, Recalled for a potential electrical short, causing the engine to stall.
- October 20: 23,073 Suzuki motorcycles from 2009-2014, including GSX-R750 and GSX-R1000 models, Recalled for gears that may miss during shifting, causing damage to the drive chain adjuster and removing power to the rear wheel.
- October 20: 423 Mazda Tribute Hybrid vehicles from 2008, Recalled for the coolant pump which may fail, resulting in a stall-like condition.
- October 20: 189 Acura TLX AWD vehicles from 2015, Recalled for incorrect labels regarding weight, which could potentially result in tire failure.
Tools And Information On Recalls and Defects
- Motor Vehicle Safety Defects and Recalls Campaigns Booklet answers questions on how and why recall campaigns are initiated.