Recalls Information Delivered to You
Free SaferCar Mobile App for Android and Apple devicesRegister your vehicles to be notified by NHTSA if a safety issue is discovered. The app also makes it simple to submit complaints to NHTSA regarding possible safety problems with your vehicles. Download Android version from google Play store | Download Apple version from the iTunes store
Recalls Info on Facebook and TwitterFollow NHTSA on Facebook and Twitter to find out about the latest recalls announced by vehicle manufacturers and child car seat makers.
Sign Up to Receive E-Mail Alerts on RecallsYou can sign up to get notifications for up to 5 vehicles, as well as child car seats and tires.
Recalls & Defects
Has a recalled vehicle been repaired? Find out using our VIN search
Car owners and buyers may not always know the vehicle they own or are purchasing still needs to be repaired because of a recall action. NHTSA's new search tool lets you:
- Enter a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to quickly learn if a specific vehicle has not been repaired as part of a safety recall in the last 15 years
- Directly access the recalls databases of major vehicle and motorcycle manufacturers
- Get the relevant recall information so you can contact the manufacturer or dealer about the repair if it was part of a safety recall
Latest Recalls Announced by Manufacturers
- October 30: 23,053 Chrysler Ram ProMaster vehicles from 2014, Recalled for the Tire Pressure Monitoring System which may not notify drivers of low tire pressure.
- October 29: 314,704 Chrysler vehicles from 2010-2014, including Ram 2500 and 5500 models, Recalled for the electrical connectors of the diesel fuel heater which may overheat, causing a leak in the fuel heater.
- October 29: 132,223 Chrysler vehicles from 2014, including Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee models, Recalled for an issue with software that may disable the Electronic Stability Control.
- October 28: 126,772 Chrysler vehicles from 2014, including Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee models, Recalled for a fault in the Occupant Restraint Control that may disable the front airbags, seat belt pretensioners, and side airbags.
- October 28: 37,145 Mitsubishi Outlander vehicles from 2007-2009, Recalled for the brake light switch which may malfunction, causing the brake lights to not illuminate.
- October 24: 202,346 Evenflo Embrace 35 child restraints, Recalled for the harness buckle which may be difficult to unlatch.
- October 24: 783 Chevrolet Corvette vehicles from 2015, Recalled for the parking brake which may only be operating on one rear parking brake drums, causing the vehicle to potentially roll away.
- October 24: 89 Chevrolet Corvette vehicles from 2015, Recalled for the driver air bag which could separate from the steering wheel upon deployment.
- October 24: 87 RevZilla size large motorcycle helmets, including Roadster PG and Window PG models, Recalled for not being adequately labeled with the correct size information.
- October 24: 29 Halcore Horton ambulances from 2014, Recalled for the suspension fluid tank which may separate from the chassis.
- October 20: 434,581 Chrysler vehicles from 2011-2014, including Dodge Charger and Durango models, Recalled for the alternator which may fail, causing the engine to stall.
- October 20: 313,236 Jeep Wrangler vehicles from 2011-2013, Recalled for a potential electrical short in the heated power mirrors, increasing the risk of a fire.
- October 20: 97,540 GM vehicles from 2013-2014, including Chevrolet Impala and Buick Enclave models, Recalled for a potential electrical short, causing the engine to stall.
- October 20: 23,073 Suzuki motorcycles from 2009-2014, including GSX-R750 and GSX-R1000 models, Recalled for gears that may miss during shifting, causing damage to the drive chain adjuster and removing power to the rear wheel.
- October 20: 423 Mazda Tribute Hybrid vehicles from 2008, Recalled for the coolant pump which may fail, resulting in a stall-like condition.
- October 20: 189 Acura TLX AWD vehicles from 2015, Recalled for incorrect labels regarding weight, which could potentially result in tire failure.
- October 15 1,368 Triumph Street Triple R motorcycles from 2012-2013, Recalled for bolts that may loosen and restrict steering.
- October 15: 198 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS fifth wheel trailers from 2014-2015, Recalled for an outlet that is not part of a GFCI protected circuit, which could increase the risk of electrical shock.
- October 14: 291,703 Chrysler vehicles from 2008, including Dodge Charger and Jeep Grand Cherokee models, Recalled for the ignition key which may stick between positions; sticking between ON and START could cause loss of certain electrical function, and between the OFF or ACCESSORY position, the engine will turn off.
- October 14: 114 Jayco Jay Flight travel trailers from 2015, Recalled for inadequate venting for the gas range.
- October 14: 72 Starcraft AR-One travel trailers from 2015, Recalled for inadequate venting for the gas range.
- October 10: 220,423 Nissan Altima vehicles from 2013, Recalled for the hood latch which may corrode, causing the hood to unexpectedly open while driving.
- October 10: 165,923 Mitsubishi vehicles from 2008-2011, including Lancer and Outlander models, Recalled for potential engine stalling.
- October 10: 56 Subaru Outback vehicles from 2015 equipped with the trailer hitch assembly, Recalled for mounting nuts that may have been over-tightened, causing them to break.
- October 8: 45,524 Omix Ada aftermarket floor mats for use in Chevrolet and GMC full size trucks and SUVs, Recalled for potentially interfering with the floor pedals.
- October 7: 18,245 Chrysler Ram C/V Tradesman vehicles from 2013-2015, Recalled for air bags that may inadvertently deploy.
- October 7: 7,598 Chevrolet Caprice vehicles from 2011-2013, Recalled for transmissions that may allow the vehicle to shift from “Park” without use of the ignition key or brake pedal.
- October 6: 290,241 GM vehicles from 2010-2015, including Cadillac SRX and Saab 9-4X models, Recalled for a potential loose toe adjuster link which could cause loss of vehicle control.
- October 6: 89,294 Chevrolet Spark vehicles from 2013-2015, Recalled for the hood latch which may corrode, causing the hood to unexpectedly open while driving.
- October 6: 46,873 GM vehicles from 2008-2013, including Chevrolet Caprice and Pontiac G8 models, Recalled for the ignition which may allow the key to be knocked out of the run position.
- October 6: 24,497 Dodge Ram ProMaster vehicles from 2014, Recalled for head restraints that may not properly limit an occupant’s head movement during a crash.
- October 6: 10,005 GM vehicles from 2004-2007, including Cadillac CTS-V and STS-V models, Recalled for a potential leak of fuel.
- October 6: 1,787 Toyota FJ Cruiser vehicles from 2014 with the optional “Trail Teams Ultimate Edition” package, Recalled for potential loss of steering control.
- October 6: 1,624 Dodge SRT Viper vehicles from 2013-2014, Recalled for air bags that may not deploy properly.
- October 6: 304 Chevrolet Sonic vehicles from 2014, Recalled for air bags that may not fully deploy as intended.
- October 6: 301 Ford vehicles from 2014-2015, including Ford Escape and Lincoln MKC models, Recalled for potential stalling.
- October 2: 746,842 Ford vehicles from 2013-2014, including C-Max and Lincoln MKZ models, Recalled for air bags that may not function as intended due to a short circuit.
- October 2: 690,000 Toyota Tacoma vehicles from 2005-2011, Recalled for fuel tanks that may leak due to being punctured.
- October 1: 7,086 Trimas bar and basket carriers, Recalled for potentially being packaged without proper warning labels, increasing the risk of cargo separation.
- October 1: 1,810 Mitsubishi i-MiEV vehicles from 2010-2014, Recalled for the brake vacuum pump which may stop working.
- September 30: 190 Genera headlamps for use on 2013-2014 Acura ILX vehicles, Recalled for excessive heat temperatures that may cause smoke, melting, and fire.
- September 29: 105,746 Harley-Davidson motorcycles from 2014, Recalled for a component in the clutch master which may fail, increasing the risk of a crash.
- September 29: 1,384 Harley-Davidson motorcycles from 2015, For the fuel cap which may not properly seal, causing fuel to leak.
Tools And Information On Recalls and Defects
- Motor Vehicle Safety Defects and Recalls Campaigns Booklet answers questions on how and why recall campaigns are initiated.