Join the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for a live virtual event on August 17 at 11 a.m. ET. The event will focus on efforts nationwide to combat alcohol- and drug-impaired driving, the increase in impaired driving during the public health emergency, and the need for equity and equitable law enforcement. Speakers will include:
- Dr. Steven Cliff, NHTSA Acting Administrator
- Rana Abbas Taylor, Advocate, Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Dr. Christopher Griggs, Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center
- Chief Jeffrey Glover, Tempe, Arizona, Police Department
- Barbara Rooney, Vice Chair, Governors Highway Safety Association
NHTSA’s Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over, If You Feel Different, You Drive Different - Drive High, Get a DUI and Ride Sober or Get Pulled Over campaigns begin on August 18 and run through September 6. The national law enforcement mobilization period begins on August 20.
After registering for the event, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the virtual event.
We are committed to providing equal access to this event for all participants. Closed captioning will be available. People with disabilities who need additional accommodations should send a request to NHTSA.Communication@dot.gov no later than August 13.