Enforcement & Justice Services
Working to Reduce Deaths and Injuries
NHTSA provides national leadership in planning and developing improved driver education, licensing, enforcement, prosecution, judicial, and post-adjudication efforts.
Improving Driver Behavior and Attitude
High-Visibility Enforcement Toolkit
The HVE Toolkit has been created with assistance from a High-Visibility Enforcement (HVE) Panel consisting of field experts effectively implementing HVE in their jurisdiction or community.
Law Enforcement Phlebotomy Toolkit
A law enforcement phlebotomy program is a proven strategy to mitigate the time and cost issues associated with drawing blood from drivers suspected of driving while impaired (DWI) and therefore obtain the evidence necessary to prosecute impaired drivers.
Every time someone takes their eyes or their focus off the road, they put their lives and the lives of others in danger. It is unsafe, irresponsible, and in a split second, its consequences can be devastating.
A multi-tiered strategy to prevent motor vehicle-related deaths and injuries among teen drivers by: increasing seat belt use, implementing graduated driver licensing, and reducing teens' access to alcohol.
No Refusal Weekend Toolkit
An enforcement strategy that allows officers to obtain search warrants for blood samples from suspected impaired drivers who refuse breath tests.
A source of marketing material, tools, and ideas that can be used in support of your local speed management initiatives.
Traffic Safety Partners
- American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA)
- American Bar Association (ABA) – Judicial Division
- Association of Professional Law Enforcement Emergency Vehicle Response Trainers (ALERT)
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
- International Association of Directors of Law Enforcement Standards and Training (IADLEST)
- National Association of Drug Court Professionals (NADCP)
- National Association of Prosecutor Coordinators (NAPC)
- National Center for State Courts (NCSC)
- National District Attorneys Association (NDAA)
- National Judicial College (NJC)
- National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE)
- National Sheriffs Association (NSA)
Law Enforcement Training