The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Briefing Room provides the latest news and information on agency announcements and events. All media inquiries and interview requests should be directed to the Office of Public Affairs at 202-366-9550 or NHTSAMedia@dot.gov.
Stay connected with NHTSA: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Winter Weather Driving Tips
Travel Safely with NHTSA’s Winter Driving Tips.
Consumer Alert: Don’t Buy or Use Steering Wheel Decorative Emblem Decals
Decals may detach in a crash and cause serious injury.
NHTSA Announces Consent Order with Zipcar
First-ever enforcement action against a rental company for renting vehicles with open, unrepaired recalls
Estimated Traffic Fatalities Continued to Decline in the First Half of 2023
NHTSA estimates 19,515 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes, representing a decrease of about 3.3% as compared to 20,190 fatalities in the first half of 2022.
Consumer Alert: Kia and Hyundai Issue Recalls for 3.3M Vehicles, Advise Owners to Park Outside
Fires can happen while the vehicle is parked and turned off or while driving.
More From NHTSA
- Resources Related to Investigations and Recalls
- Safety Issues and Investigations Search
- Takata Recall Spotlight
- Interactive Dashboard: Recalls by Manufacturer
- Standing General Order on Crash Reporting
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Automated Driving Systems
- Motorcycle Safety 5-Year Plan
- NTSB Open Recommendations to NHTSA
- Reports to Congress
- Advisory Committee on Underride Protection
- Initial Decision That Certain ARC and Delphi Air Bag Inflators Contain a Safety Defect