The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Briefing Room provides the latest news and information on agency announcements and events. All media inquiries and interview requests should be directed to the Office of Public Affairs at 202-366-9550 or NHTSAMedia@dot.gov.
Stay connected with NHTSA: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Comprehensive actions to increase underride protection on truck trailers and prevent deadly crashes announced
NHTSA issues final rule for rear underride protection, announces advisory committee on underride protection, and enacts critical safety mandates in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
NHTSA improves child safety seat testing standards
Final rule on side impact protection establishes requirement for first-of-its-kind side impact test.
NHTSA releases initial data on safety performance of advanced vehicle technologies
Data provide an important window into the operations of ADAS and ADS and will help inform NHTSA’s efforts to assess and advance safety.
Consumer Alert: Goodyear issues recall for select tires used on RVs
Goodyear is recalling more than 170,000 tires that were produced between 1996 and 2003 and sold for use on trucks and recreational vehicles.
Summer driving tips
A little planning and some safety checks might spare you from dealing with the consequences of a breakdown — or worse, a highway crash.
Newly released estimates show traffic fatalities reached a 16-year high in 2021
In response to this crisis, earlier this year USDOT unveiled the National Roadway Safety Strategy that is now getting resources from the President’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.
More From NHTSA
- Safety Issues and Investigations Search
- Takata Recall Spotlight
- Standing General Order on Crash Reporting
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Automated Driving Systems
- SAFE Rule
- Motorcycle Safety 5-Year Plan
- 2021 Milestones
- Final Rule: Exemption Program for Replica Motor Vehicles
- NTSB Open Recommendations to NHTSA
- The Steps from Complaint to Recall
- Report to Congress: Recall Completion Rates
- 2021 Recall Report
- Office of Defects Investigation Quarterly Metrics
- Office of Vehicle Safety Compliance Quarterly Metrics
- Interactive Dashboard: Recalls by Manufacturer
- Risk-Based Processes for Safety Defect Analysis and Management of Recalls