The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Briefing Room provides the latest news and information on agency announcements and events. All media inquiries and interview requests should be directed to the Office of Public Affairs at 202-366-9550 or NHTSAMedia@dot.gov.
Stay connected with NHTSA: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Consumer Alert: NHTSA Issues Urgent Warning on Takata Air Bags After Another Fatality
Person killed by a ruptured Takata air bag inflator in Ford Ranger under a “do not drive” warning; check and repair Takata recalls now.
Consumer Alert: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Issues “Do Not Drive” Warning; Automaker Reports More Fatalities and Injuries
More people killed by exploding Takata air bags; check and repair for FREE Takata recalls now.
Consumer Alert: Important Hyundai Recall for Fire Risk
Owners of certain Hyundai Santa Fe vehicles should park outside until they are repaired.
Consumer Alert: Important Kia Recall for Fire Risk
Owners should park their vehicles outside until they are repaired.
NHTSA Launches New School Bus Safety Campaign
The campaign educates drivers about the dangers of illegally passing stopped school buses.
Consumer Alert: Repair Available for Previously Recalled Chrysler Pacifica Vehicles
Chrysler will mail letters to affected owners on or before October 11.
NHTSA Early Estimates Show Overall Increase in Roadway Deaths in First Half of 2022
The estimates also show second quarter 2022 projects first decline since 2020.
More From NHTSA
- Resources Related to Investigations and Recalls
- Safety Issues and Investigations Search
- Takata Recall Spotlight
- Interactive Dashboard: Recalls by Manufacturer
- Standing General Order on Crash Reporting
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Automated Driving Systems
- Motorcycle Safety 5-Year Plan
- NTSB Open Recommendations to NHTSA
- 2021 Milestones
- Final Rule: Exemption Program for Replica Motor Vehicles
- Report to Congress: Recall Completion Rates