The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Briefing Room provides the latest news and information on agency announcements and events. All media inquiries and interview requests should be directed to the Office of Public Affairs at 202-366-9550 or NHTSAMedia@dot.gov.
Stay connected with NHTSA: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Consumer Alert: Additional Hyundai and Kia Vehicles Recalled for Fire Risk
Vehicle owners should park outside and away from structures until repaired.
NHTSA Revokes Registered Importer Status for Two Noncompliant Companies
Due to serious and systemic violations of federal safety requirements.
Hyundai and Kia Launch Service Campaign to Prevent Theft of Millions of Vehicles Targeted by Social Media Challenge
Approximately 3.8 million Hyundais and 4.5 million Kias involved.
Honda Upgrades Takata Alpha Recall to "Do Not Drive" Warning
Updated recall targets older, most dangerous air bags.
NHTSA Announces Consent Order with Volvo Group North America
Includes a total civil penalty of $130 million.
5-Star Ratings Crash Test Vehicles for 2023
Vehicles for crash testing and advanced driver assistance systems testing released.
Traffic Crashes Cost America $340 Billion in 2019
NHTSA releases new study examining the cost of motor vehicle crashes, injuries and fatalities.
More From NHTSA
- Resources Related to Investigations and Recalls
- Safety Issues and Investigations Search
- Takata Recall Spotlight
- Interactive Dashboard: Recalls by Manufacturer
- Standing General Order on Crash Reporting
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Automated Driving Systems
- Motorcycle Safety 5-Year Plan
- NTSB Open Recommendations to NHTSA
- 2021 Milestones
- Final Rule: Exemption Program for Replica Motor Vehicles
- Reports to Congress