NHTSA urges consumers to not drive these vehicles unless they are going straight to a dealer to have them repaired immediately:
- 2001-2002 Honda Civic
- 2001-2002 Honda Accord
- 2002-2003 Acura TL
- 2002 Honda CR-V
- 2002 Honda Odyssey
- 2003 Acura CL
- 2003 Honda Pilot
- Certain 2006 Ford Ranger (Ford advises do not drive)
- Certain 2006 Mazda B-Series (Mazda advises do not drive)
- 2005-2010 Dodge Magnum (Fiat Chrysler advises do not drive)
- 2005-2010 Dodge Charger (Fiat Chrysler advises do not drive)
- 2005-2010 Dodge Challenger (Fiat Chrysler advises do not drive)
- 2005-2010 Chrysler 300 (Fiat Chrysler advises do not drive)
New test data on the defective Takata air bag inflators in these vehicles show a far higher risk of ruptures during air bag deployment than for other recalled Takata air bags.
If you own one of these vehicles, search the Recalls Lookup using your vehicle identification number (VIN) to confirm that the vehicle has an unaddressed recall and needs a repair. If it does, immediately call your dealer to schedule a free repair. Replacement parts for these vehicles are available.