Prior to posting a link, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) evaluates all suggested links using the following criteria:
- Is the recommended website an official U.S. Federal government-owned or supported Web site?
- Does the recommended website provide official U.S. government information or services?
- Does the recommended website content complement existing information, products, and services on the NHTSA site?
- Is the recommended website accessible and applicable to a wide audience?
- Does the recommended website being linked have content that is relevant, useful, and authoritative for citizens, businesses, and/or government officials?
- Does the recommended website information appear to be accurate and current?
- Is the recommended website "user-friendly”.
NHTSA will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias, or discrimination. Furthermore, NHTSA reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with NHTSA’s mission or policies.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on NHTSA website(s) may include hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. NHTSA provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the NHTSA site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website. NHTSA:
- Does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked site.
- Does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked sites, and it does not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- Cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked site.
- Is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked sites.
- Does not guarantee that outside sites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.