NHTSA's Office of Vehicle Safety Research's mission is to strategize, plan, and implement research programs to continually further the Agency's goals in reduction of crashes, fatalities, and injuries. Our research is prioritized based on potential for crash/fatality/injury reductions and is aligned with Congressional Mandates, DOT & NHTSA goals.
National Center for Statistics and Analysis (NCSA), an office of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, is responsible for providing a wide range of analytical and statistical support to NHTSA and the highway safety community at large.
- Crash Stats
- National Automotive Sampling System (NASS)
- National Driver Register (NDR)
- National Center for Statistics and Analysis (NCSA)
- Special Crash Investigations (SCI)
- State Data Programs
- Traffic Records
- Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS)
- State Traffic Safety Information (STSI)
- Regulatory Evaluation View Publications by Category and select Regulatory Evaluations
- Regulations.gov Federal Regulations Website
- Regulatory Analyses from January 1971 – December 2013
- Regulatory Contact Information